"new" Testament contradictions

I had probably never seen such a mess in my life, until I read the Christian writings. I left each book even more confused as they seemed to all argue over what was true and not:

Is Jesus equal to or lesser than the "father"?

"I and my Father are one."

(John 30:10)

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I."

(John 14:28)
______________________________________

This passage just gives the impression of a debate. If I wanted to read such a debate, I would have studied some Talmud!

What were Jesus' last words?

"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost." (Matthew 27:46,50)

"And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost." (Luke 23:46)

"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost." (John 19:30)

No comments: