Refuation: Could Jesus have been the Messiah?

Let me tell you that I was asked an odd question by a Christian. He said that "Jesus could have been it, how on earth do you know?" I smiled and asked him if he believed that the Torah was the word of G-d. He told me that he did, so I then said okay:

First the book of John (Christian book) says:

And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day. But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. (John 5:16-17)

Therefore, we can see that Jesus worked on the Sabbath. So now let us see what G-d has told us in the Torah (which Christians accept as the word of G-d):

The Torah tells us that the laws of the Sabbath are eternal:

"The Israelites people shall keep the Shabbat, observing the Shabbat throughout the ages as a covenant for all time." (Exodus 31:16)

Therefore, how could Jesus be the Messiah when the word of G-d says the Sabbath is eternal, yet he breaks it?

No comments: